Saturday, March 3, 2012

Snowy Day Birds

Last weekend I got out and went for a wonderful wintery walk. Within days the snow has already melted. From snow day back to 'spring is in the air' weather very quickly. This afternoon more snow and the forecast is for 60 degrees in a few days. The birds were active and seemed to enjoy the snow day as much as I did, and I'm sure are looking forward to the warmer weather on it's way as I am :)


I tried using the share button in my flickr account to post my Snowy Day Birds collage on this blog. I think the collage looks really small. I probably won't use this feature for a collage again. If you click on the collage above it will link into my flickr gallery. You can see it better there.  

The birds were lovely during this outing.

Peek a view Downy between the snowcaps on tree.


A sweet nuthatch perfectly posed.

 

A curious Redbellied Woodpecker looks for a place to stash his cache.


An observant Blackcapped Chickadee 
finds an opening in snow to search for a snack.


The nuthatch stretch looks lovely in any weather. 
I love the soft snow falling in the background. 


This adorable Whitebreasted Nuthatch seemed to be daydreaming. 
It sat for several minutes just taking in the scenery before moving on.


Oh hello delightful downy .. 


A Red-bellied Beauty pauses

Horned Lark along the country roads.

Have a NATURE-ally Beautiful Day

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowy day birds collage, Debbie! Great shots of all the busy woodpeckers and tree scaling nuthatches. Placed all together, this makes for such a wonderful winter grouping. Looks like you had a lovely walk. I too am looking forward to the upcoming 60 degree weather. Enjoy! Always a pleasure to view your outstanding images! I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful photos and a great theme as the snow begins to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great wintry walk with lots of great birds! Wonderful photos. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! Have missed your great photos..It sure has been mostly spring this winter on Long Island. I love the way you inset photos in others..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific, Debbie. Wow, enjoy your snow. Sounds like it will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo series Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice series, like the mirror Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok what happened there should have read mirrored looking round image. Missing half the sentence.

    ReplyDelete