Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not What I Was Expecting

This Great Blue Heron Gave Me a Bird-day Present Today
Can you guess what is was?
The landing.

Checking himself out first.

There it is ...

...in all his glory.

I think he is proud of himself.

Yep, I was flashed by a Great Blue Heron on my birthday.
Not at all what I was expecting .
It was hard holding the camera still
as I laughed and photographed this moment.

Showing off made him a little thirsty.

The shiver ... I just told him I was posting these on the internet.

He is okay now ... thinks he can handle the publicity.

11 comments:

  1. What a dude! A memorable moment on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm still laughing. Thank you. And happy b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee..thats Awesome..what a great gift..at least he thought so.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure he wasn't saying, "Hey lady! Quit staring and take a picture of this!" haha!! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have a great love affair with these birds. I don't know why - I just think they are stunning. Happy Birthday! What a treat to see on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fantastic series of Great Blue Heron photos! His pose speaks volumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Quite a display there. Isn't Mother Nature grand? Absolutely fabulous series of photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is too funny! Happy Birthday- fraid I can't top that one! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm cracking up! I hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing I love about laughter & smiles is that it is contagious and warms the heart ...
    To life's humorous, unexpected moments!

    My birthday really was wonderful thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete