Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Kind Word Can Warm Three Winter Months

Wintry Brrr...eautiful Moments to warm the soul


New Category for Nature-ally Beautiful

Winter
Note Cards



Chilly temperatures, snow storms and shorter days, can affect our mood or outlook on life throughout the winter season.

Winter 057
Image taken after an ice-storm in DeKalb, Illinois


The Japanese proverb

One Kind Word Can Warm Three Winter Months says it all.

Winter 033
Image taken in my front yard
Kind words can (and do) warm hearts and help melt away those winter blues.


Winter 002
Image taken in my yard

I hope to lift the winter spirit by sharing images from a winter satire. Amusing interactions between the neighbor's cat, some birds, squirrels and a photographer all sharing the same feeder and yard are sure raise the corners of your mouth. Don't worry every birdy is okay. Every attempt by the cat was foiled. All she ended up having a mouthful of ... was snow!
Winter Card 037
Images taken in my backyard
Winter Card 006
Image taken in my backyard

My line of Winter notecards also offers peaceful, soft and snowy scenes that gently whisper winter.

Winter 065
Image taken in Dekalb, Illinois after an ice-storm.

Add your warmth to the chill of ice, which is Nature-ally Brrr...eautiful clinging to branches after that first winter storm.



Image taken in DeKalb, Illinois after an ice-storm
Winter 020
Image taken in my garden.
Choose from a selection of quotes to help express warm sentiments.


Image taken in my backyard.


Winter 011
Image taken in my yard.



A few witty quips have been matched with images of dealing with the harshness of winter.

Winter 001
Image taken in my backyard during a snowstorm.
They may add a smirk or smile to the recipient's as well as your day during these cold winter months.

Winter 048
Image taken in my backyard.


Winter 003
There are many possibilities for this card. It is perfect to reconnect with someone you haven't seen in a while ... suggesting 'give me a call'. This card is my favorite. I took this picture last January in Iowa while birdwatching with my husband. Although it wasn't a life bird for me at the time it was a life experience. It was my first time being so close to this king of the Mississippi River. The eagle flew right over my head caught a fish, and ate it on the iceberg. When it was finished eating I heard a high pitched alarm like call that sounded like "Kak kak kak."

Add your own words to personalize ... support ... thank ... or just add warmth to a cold winter's day.

Winter 012
Image taken in my backyard while it was snowing.



Winter is the time for comfort, for good and warmth,
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:
it is the time for home.
-Edith Sitwell

My entire Winter note card collection is available at
Nature-allyBeautifulCards.com

Nature-ally Beautiful boxed set of Winter Squirrels is also available here:
8pack #011 Winter Squirrels


Each horizontal Winter NoteCard is 4.25" x 5.5" (Each vertical NoteCard is 5.5" x 4.25")
Cards are blank on the inside and come with white envelopes inside clear sealed wrapper.

3 comments:

  1. I so agree about the kind words! and LOVE your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, Your cards are absolutely beautiful. I'm doing cards with the birds in my neck of the woods (SW Florida), so I can appreciate the work that goes into producing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like my new cards. These comments really mean a lot to me. I really appreciate your kind words ... they did as the saying goes make a difference ツ Patricia I look forward to seeing your new cards soon too. Wishing you both winter warmth ... happiness.

    ReplyDelete