Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bald Eagle Watching

This post will be short and sweet.
I am spending this weekend here eagle watching.
Sharing a few pictures from Saturday before heading back today.


Lock and Dam 14 on the Mississippi River in Pleasant Valley Iowa
is my favorite place to watch Eagles in the winter.



Soaring along the Mississippi

Honing in on a good catch.

Got it!

Another fine catch.

The eagles should be here through February if you don't have a chance this weekend.

A juvenile Bald Eagle scanning the Mississippi.

Another fine catch.


Visit my Smugmug Gallery to view a few pictures from last years visit.
I will be adding more from this visit soon.

Winter Photo note card #003

One of my favorite eagle shots from last years visit offered on this notecard at
Nature-allyBeautifulCards.com

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are awesome!! I want to go eagle watching next time you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Especially the ones catching fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Wow those are really great shots of eagle.I like personality and that fish catching photograph very much.Thank you very much for showing us these wonderful pictures.

    cheap r4 dsi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great pictures Debbie, my favorites are the first two, coming in for a landing and tree talking... bet you had fun taking these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, they sure do have personality don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, these are fantastic! I've never been eagle watching before....It sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete